Pre-Mission Pictures

Pre-Mission Pictures

Sunday, September 18, 2016

Sept. 11, 2016 - Week 15 in Ica



Sept. 11, 2016 – Maya’s Birthday                       Week 15 in Ica, Peru

This week has been a hard one! We didn´t have much success here in Ica! We lost some investigadores, some menos activos, but found some pretty good people! It is definitely a time of change here in Ica as well. The closer we get to the end of the transfer the more I feel the change coming, I don´t think I am going to be in Ica much longer. And it hurts my heart! I love the people here with all my heart! And oh how awful is the time. Time will be the death of me. I promise. I hate how fast the mission goes. I try to suck in everyday and absorb the people and the time and it just goes so darn fast! It is horrible! Well I will be completing 5 months here in the mission soon and it does not feel like it! I do feel like I know what I am doing now and the language comes a whole lot easier. I feel like a missionary of the Lord and I do not ever want that to change. 

Our investigadora Jenny we finally found this week. I want her to be baptized so bad before I leave Ica. She has a baptismal date of the 23 of September. She is so ready for her baptism. She is humble, she has a firm testimony of the Book of Mormon and even if I am not here to see her baptized, she is still my convert. I have seen her testimony of the Savior grow and we have grown together. I love her so much! 

This week I was also in Pisco with 2 hermanas there and it just made me even more grateful for the companion that I do have. OBEDIENT. Goodness obedience is so important. It is the key!! It is the price that we pay as missionaries and as general human beings! This life was GIVEN to us, we have to be obedient to the commandments or we are going to die! Spiritually of course, but maybe physically too. 

But yes this week has been a good learning week for me. Breaking down a lot of pride and being built up spiritually. I realized that no matter how hard I try I cant handle my health without my Father and His will, so I took my problems to him and they are so much better now. I feel much better. But not only breaking down pride in my health, in general too. I have tried really hard this week to focus in and control my thoughts. And wow is it hard! And even though I am still working on that, a lot, I feel as though I can hear so much more clearly the Holy Ghost. Pride is the worst and it is so general. And it is the worst sin! Because the natural man just is prideful. Bottom line. It´s hard but it is not impossible with the help of Jesus Christ. So that is what I have been working on this week. 

So you are going to get a picture of me and my companion and a girl named Jazmin! She accompanies us all the time and is the best! She just got back from her mision in Guatemala and is so awesome. I love her to death! She´s the best!

But that is about all that has happened this week. Just some breaking down and rebuilding with the Savior. It´s been a pretty good week here in the life of Hermana Lawrence(: I cant complain about a single thing(: I love you to the moon and back mammi!! Blessings are everywhere. I love my Savior. I love you and the family so much!!!!! I love you!!!! Love you to the moon and back!!! Love, Hermana Lawrence

Pictures:
My companion and I and our best hermana Jazmin! She just finished her misison in Guatemala in Abril! And we sanded walls for service this week! We were really dirty!!!! But it was fun(:






No comments:

Post a Comment