Pre-Mission Pictures

Pre-Mission Pictures

Monday, July 4, 2016

June 6 - Week 1 in Ica, Peru

June 6, 2016     Week 1 in Ica

Momma! I hope all went well with the dance recital and I hope you told all of the dance girls that I love them and know that they did a good job! I hope that Meisha, Maya, and Oaklee know how much their older sister loves them and how proud I am of them and who they are becoming. This has been a very hard week for me and I just wanted to say that I am very grateful for all of the support that I get from you and from the rest of the family. I hope that everyone is doing well. I have an interesting weekly letter this week I hope you will read it! I love you very much mom! Tell Caiden, Meisha, Maya, and Oaklee that I love them very very much and have missed them a lot this week! And I have missed you too momma! Love, Hermana Lawrence

Hermana Shylo Lawrence


Mi familia!! Hello from Ica Perú! Yes transfers were yesterday and life is so good! Today is P-day and I have a little bit to write! So yesterday I woke up at 4:30 am to get ready to head off to Lima to my mission home! I ate some delicious french toast para desayuno! Y entonces we had another small breakfast from the mission home while we were having all of our in field trainings. We went through a lot of health classes and then went through a couple classes with Presidente y Hermana McGinn and they are so amazing! I love them so much! ALSO I got to meet my new compañera! Her name is Hermana Zuchel y ella es de Chile Concepción. She is absolutely amazing and a guardian angle down here to me. She is so loving, kind, and so patient with my español! She is everything that I have been praying for and more. So yesterday after we left the Mission Home in Lima Hermana Zuchel and I got on a bus for a very short 5 hour bus ride. And I slept the entire time I was so tired because I only got 4 hours of sleep the night before. But I AM FINALLY OUT IN THE MISSION FIELD. And it is so weird! But so amazing! So yeah today is P-day and we had a zone conference and a district meeting but other than that we have been working on reports for family history and have been meeting lots of elders and our stake president. So it has been really good! Go look up pictures of Ica, it is so strange. I am surrounded by tons and tons of sand dunes It is HOT AND SO MUCH DIRT EVERYWHERE. Oh and yes there is only one temperature of water and it is cold. Nice cold showers (they suck) and I get to wash my hands in cold as well. But it´s alright I am finally in the mission field. We get to teach a lesson tonight to a part member family and then we get to do a familiy home evening with a recent convert family también. So it has been really eventful. But one thing that is really cool, I go back to Lima in about a week because Elder Raspband is coming and the Lima Sur and Lima Oeste missions get to go back to the CCM to hear him. But I just watned to let you know that I am sae and that I love you and that I will talk to you in a week when I have more to say(: I LOVE YOU TO THE MOON AND BEYOND. Love, Hermana Shylo Lawrence

Shylo's 1st Companion! Hermana Zuchel from Concepcion, Chile



No comments:

Post a Comment